Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday's Wonderful Recipe

Potato salad is a staple at any summer event involving food. I actually do not have a good recipe for Potato Salad...my Mom's is different every time she makes it, and I am not very fond of most of the store bought ones. So, even though I am NOT Pioneer Woman, I liked Ree's idea of letting everyone share their favorite recipes with her and all of her readers. Will you please share your favorite potato salad recipe with all of us? I am sure a few of the recipes are "family secrets" but I am also sure you may have a "back-up" recipe that you may be willing to share! *This post was modified to include links to Ree's site. Also....I feel like I have asked for your recipes before.....not Potato Salad per say (did I spell that right?) but but this post is a bit of Deja Vu...maybe I just dreamt it.

3 Comments:

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Sorry Abe, I don't make potatoe salad. But my mom's has pickle juice in it and it's really good. No eggs!

Katie said...

I don't think my mom's recipe has any exact measurements, but I can tell you it includes
Potatoes (surprise!)
finely sliced celery
finely diced onions
finely diced sweet pickles
pickle juice
salt
pepper
mayo
mustard
garlic powder
and, NO hard-boiled eggs

It's just trial and error. And I can never seem to get it right. :-(

Allison and Ben said...

One of my fav's is a red potatoe salad:

Red potatoes (how ever many people you need to feed)
3 Roasted Red peppers chopped
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
1/2 cup Cesar Salad dressing
Fresh Parsley chopped

Cook your potatoes until tender. Mix everything together in a bowl. You can serve right away or let it chill. Enjoy!

Now of course I usually do not measure so good luck. But I think everything looks about right. I like to just mix and add as needed.