Friday, July 4, 2008

Fight The Frump Friday

I am still working on my research for an upcoming FTF. BUT with this being Independence Day, I need to make a pet peeve of mine known. Do not go overboard with your patriotic clothes! Go ahead, wear red, white and blue on the 4th...hold a small flag during the parade...but do NOT wear a funky sweater, or wear a headband with pom poms on it. Be tasteful, show your partiotism in a sutble way. For instance, I will be showing my love for our country by wearing a white v-neck t-shirt with a blue tank underneath, a pair of denim capris and a very cute pair of red wedges (thanks CB!) In my hair I will have a red scarf either in my ponytail, or worn as a headband. No flag t-shirt, or cutoff daisy dukes, and for sure NO sparklers radiating from my head! Nor will I be wearing these:

Flags are not meant to be worn if you are over the age of, well I think 13. Yeah, Yeah, a few retail stores sell t-shirts and tank tops for adults with partiotic themes, but my opinion is to not buy them! My 2 year old daughter will be wearing a cute light blue shirt with a rhinestone flag on the front. My 5 year old son won't be wearing a flag, he will be wearing red, white and blue. But NO FLAG! This kind of "tradition" makes me wonder what other countries have this kind of merchandise for their National Holiday. Do any of you know? Maybe I'll do some research.
Go look at FUSSY for some great FTF advice!
Hope no one was offended during the making of this post. Who am I kidding? If you don't like it, then you can go "suck it!" (Thanks Holly, for that phrase, I don't use it very often, I promise!) The views of the post are most definitely the opinion of the post writer, but may not be the opinion of her readers, so check the comments for an alternate point of view.

6 Comments:

Katie said...

I'm in agreement. Red, white and blue are appropriate, crazy-assed outfits are not. Besides, did you know it's actually against the law to wear clothes that look like they are made out of the flag? Not with a flag, just if they look like you cut up a flag and made a shirt or pants. How's that for some random trivia?

Abbreviated said...

We aren't suppose to dress in RW&B bunting ?

Darla said...

Those are hysterical.

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

I like sweaters with kittens and Christmas trees!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sister! I totally second that thought! Themes are for toddlers.

LaVetter said...

Make sure you post a similar version of this before Halloween and Christmas... pleez! ;)