Thursday, July 31, 2008

Turntable Thursday

As I have said before, I get most of my new music from my hubby. Since I don't listen to Siruis radio right now (we haven't installed the Sirius receiver in the new car yet) I don't have any of my own new music to review for you. BUT there is a band my Seth has been telling me I should listen to, but since they are classified as "hip-hop" in iTunes...I wasn't really up for trying them out. THEN a song of theirs became well known enough to be played on the local radio stations....and I decided to listen to more of what they had to offer (yeah, yeah, I know Seth is saying "I told you so" right now). Most of you have probably heard the song Handlebars: "I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars, no handlebars...", but do you know who sings it? It's the Flobots. OK...kinda a weird name, I know (reminds me a bit of the "Autobots" you know the Transformer's good guys?, but I digress) but not only do they use a variety of instruments (viola anyone?) but they have a pretty good message in some of their songs. Kinda categorized as "anti-establishment" their lyrics are easy to hear...not like some "hip-hop" and they make some pretty good points about current issues in the world. I don't know if I will listen to these guys all the time, but I think they are worth listening to, and trying out. Poll will be up later, let me know if you like them. (And by the way...these are just my own personal opinions....if you don't like them....no worries!)

4 Comments:

Katie said...

Everytime that song "Handlebars" comes on the radio, Seth says, "That's not very safe to ride your bike without handlebars." I heard that that song is their tamest song by far, that it's not a band to take your kids or teenagers to see. I'll give is a listen and let you know what I think in your poll.

Katie said...

Oh, and I have a question. Why were you up at 4 am posting to your blog???

Anjie said...

Katie--It's called "pre-posting!" :) I love that I can write a post the night before...and schedule it for whenever I want it to actually be on the internet!!!
(I wrote it at 4:00 PM yesterday, but just changed the PM to AM and the date so it would post today...nifty,huh?)

Katie said...

Oh, we'll I do that, but I tend to choose normal hours like to post at 8am. I guess I'm boring that way.