Saturday, July 26, 2008

I was speechless....for a minute.

Today at lunch my son and I had an interesting conversation. It went a little something like this: Son: "Mom, when is the end of the world?" Me: "Um...well...some people think the world is going to end, and other's do not. But if it is going to, we don't know when that will happen." Son: "OK." Me: "Where did you hear "the end of the world' from?" (Me thinking possibly an REM song or something) Son: " Well, Dad said 'It's not the end of the world, so stop whining'!" Me: Speechless, for a minute, laughing inside, then: "That is not quite what he meant, but I am gonna have to get back to you on that one" --------------------------------------------------------------- Later that same lunch trip: Me: "Colin, what do you think 'the end of the world' is?" Son: "I think the end of the world is when there is no more food." Me: "OK....good explanation." And I left it at that.

1 Comment:

Katie said...

Your son is hilarious. And I guess it really would be the end of the world if we ran out of food. Pretty smart if you ask me!