Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Alton Brown's Onion Dip From Scratch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use butter)
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions(I do 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Posted by Anjie at 8:37 AM
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
My oldest has a non-typical way of playing most days. He likes to do what we call "Projects". My Dad gives him plumbing parts that don't work anymore (and are not fixable) and he gets to take them apart and see how they work. Sometimes he puts them back together, sometimes he doesn't but these "projects" keep him busy for hours. And I don't mean just 1 or 2 I mean 8 or more. That translates into Happiness for the kid and Happiness for the rest of the house (meaning, we don't have to entertain him).
|Colin and his own set of tools|
|Studying a circuit board|
I'm linking to Leigh vs. Laundry and her 52 weeks of Happiness. Trying to find Happiness in my week. Sometimes it is hard and sometimes it is pretty easy.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
|Daredevil Lilly on the tube for the 1st time|
|Seth just chillin'|
Monday, July 11, 2011
- Colin lost a few teeth. 2 I think. He lost 2 last year and it was slow going for the Tooth Fairy.
- Colin turned 8! We had a great birthday with my family going to the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum in Provo, Utah and then having pizza at Grandpa and Grandma's. It was exactly what he wanted to do!
- For Valentine's Day my sweet husband bought me a copy of The Pioneer Woman's book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels AND conspired a bit with my friend Katie to get me a ticket to see her (again!) and get my book signed! It was a fun night with Katie, Holly and Michelle.
- Colin had his 2nd grade program: The Dinosaur Fair. It was awesomely filled with songs about dinosaurs, facts about dinosaurs and the always cool dinosaur dioramas. He had a small part which he memorized quickly and said with great enthusiasm.
- At this point in the year, Lilly is just being Lilly, learning new things each week and growing up way too fast! (I couldn't leave her out!)
- Colin lost 2 more teeth! The Tooth Fairy was a little busy around here the first few months of 2011.
- Colin started Cub Scouts and loves it! He participated in his first Pinewood Derby AND won 4th place overall (out of 17 cars) AND his first run was the fastest run of the night! He named the car Meteor Speeder and boy was it fitting!
- Lilly's Kindergarten Orientation was at the end of April. I will have both kids in school 5 days a week for a few hours each day. We are BOTH so excited for her to start school in September.
- I became Colin's Cub Scout assistant Den Leader. It has been so much fun helping the boys learn more about the world around them, doing crafts and making gifts for parents.
- Colin's class (and I) went on a field trip to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur museum. It was a lot of work for the chaperones but so much fun for the kids!
- For Mother's Day I got a new laptop! I needed one really bad and it was totally time to upgrade. I love it and can't wait to get a "skin" for the top.
- We helped with a yard sale to benefit the Ride For Javin Tour deCure team. It was at my parent's house and we earned quite a bit of money between the items that were donated and the goodies I made!
- Lilly turned 5! We had a BBQ/Strawberry Shortcake Birthday party at my parents after the yard sale and had a lot of fun.
- Lilly graduated from preschool. Her program was so cute (she is an adorable little Hula Girl) and the end of the year video made me cry. She has grown up SO MUCH this last year and learned a lot of things to help her in Kindergarten.
- We had a birthday party for Lilly- a little late I know- but it was the only time we could do it.
- Colin had his last day of 2nd grade! Despite some social issues and a change in meds in March he made it through! His grades and behavior improved over the previous term and we are so proud. His teacher was so good with him all year long and I am going to miss volunteering in the classroom every week.
- Seth rode his first benefit bike ride the Tour deCure! 25 miles with the Ride For Javin Team and they raised over $2000 to help find a cure for diabetes. It was a fun day and a great accomplishment for Seth, he now wants to do a few other rides around the state.
- I had a birthday. I am now one year older and I have quite a few more grey hairs on my head. We went to the Clark Planetarium and saw a 3-D movie about the Hubble Telescope and had 5 Guys for lunch. My friends had a birthday LL for me the following Tuesday and overall it was a great birthday. Now if only the grey hair would go away.
- We had a fun 4th of July weekend. Lots of time as a family. Neighborhood/Scout breakfast and an impromptu pancake breakfast with neighbors. Fireworks with the same neighbors and lots of fun. It was nice to spend time at home and just relax.
- We spend a weekend at Bear Lake using a cabin that is owned by a friend of my Dad's. That is totally my idea of camping- cabin with running water and electricity, mattresses to sleep on and a shower! We had a lot of fun going out on the boat and my kids LOVED riding on the tube. Colin went the fastest without falling off and Lilly was a little daredevil. I took hundreds of pics of them on the boat, and if I get a chance I will share a few of them!
That is our year so far! We've done so many fun things and have many fun things ahead for our family! I'm going to try to start sharing a new recipe each week and at least one WTH? post a week too. Try is the key word (as usual) since we are busy, busy, busy this summer.
Monday, March 21, 2011
I have pretty much set blogging aside for, well, real life stuff. I have a blog post in mind- a quick overview of our month of February but until I have a bit of time to write and add pics and stuff this one will have to do for a bit.
Last year,I became aware of a great company here in Utah that makes quality, modest, CUTE swimsuits. Not only are they CUTE but they have a whole line of Plus Sized suits that DON'T make the curvy girl look like an old lady.
Hapari Swimwear rocks! I got this tankini last year:
Now I don't look quite as cute in it as she does but I DO feel comfortable in it and I feel well, SECURE in it (no wardrobe malfunctions here) and I feel stylish in it!
Do you want one? Go to Hapari and take a look. Do you want to WIN one? Go to My Giveaway Today and see how YOU can win a gift certificate to Hapari. Don't forget HAPARI!
Posted by Anjie at 9:10 AM
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
I haven't been very "happy" lately. Stress from getting calls from Colin's school, the family getting colds. the overall Utah weather and multiple other small things have kind of put the kibosh on that.
Things have been looking up- Colin is doing better in school, the family is getting better and the weather, well the weather still sucks but not much I can do about that. Colin has recently decided it would be fun to help me in the kitchen. My favorite time so far, was when he helped me make French Bread to go with an easy Chicken Alfredo meal. We both had a lot of fun and he did a GREAT job! He doesn't pose for pictures very nicely, so my picture for Leigh's Happiness Project is the first loaf of French Bread he formed. Not only does BREAD make me happy (my thighs will attest to that) but spending that time in the kitchen with him makes me happy too.
I'm linking to Leigh vs. Laundry and her Happiness project (check it out!). She is on week 49 of her project and well, I guess I'm starting over again. Hopefully I will start to find the happiness in every day things again.
Friday, January 21, 2011
I'm sick of my last post being at the top of my page. I don't have a REAL post even remotely prepared but the Holidays are so far gone and I hate to be reminded of my slacker qualities each time I check my blog.
It has been cold here, so cold that the kids haven't played outside for weeks and we haven't had enough of a snow storm since December. Hopefully we will wake up to snow tomorrow morning so I can send the kids out to play and we can get rid of this COLD.
Here are pics of the kids playing after the last snow storm. Check out how cool the "snowman" is. Seth made a fort and the kids wanted to build a snowman when he was done but he had used most of the good snow for the fort. The result of Seth making the kids happy is in the second pic below.
WHEW! Now my "Happy Holidays" post isn't at the top of my blog.
Posted by Anjie at 12:34 PM