Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Late

So it is after midnight on a Saturday evening (OK so it is Sunday AM) and I have finished hosting a Couple's Night Out for my MOMS Club. We had an AWESOME BBQ, and a great time chatting and having non-kid related conversation. (And a lot to drink.....I am having a hard time writing yhid....I mean this, as we speak) It is very peaceful, not quiet, because I can hear the cars out on the highway (white noise, really) but peaceful, nonetheless. I can hear crickets singing, the cars humming, and not much else. I can actually see the lights below the mountains, and I didn't realize what a nice view we have from our back deck. My husband and nephew ditched me long ago (both passed out...too much to drink and not enough sleep from the night before, respectively). I should feel slighted, alone, lame, but I don't. I feel excited, buzzed, and serene. It is not often that I stay up this late just taking in the calmness of the night. Usually I am IM'ing someone (thanks CB!) or watching a movie (thanks Holly!) or watching TV(totally by myself). I need to do this more often. Now that I have decent patio furninture, I resolve to spend more time in the backyard at night, with a glass of wine, or a Dr Pepper, just thinking and being me. Just a quick side note....I can totally handle my liquor better than my hubby!! Don't tell him I told the world this, but he drank so much he puked (alcohol induced) for the first time in 11 years! I am so glad he got shit-faced tonight! He totally needed, and deserved it!

5 Comments:

Katie said...

Anj, We had a TON of fun last night. You're a great host. And I'm glad to say that neither of us got sick like poor Seth.

Anjie said...

We had fun last night too! I really need to have everyone over more often. I just hope Seth agrees!
Glad neither of you got sick last night....I am hoping Seth is the only one that did!

Allison and Ben said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't believe we missed it. Not that I can drink now but whatever. I hope everyone else had as much fun as you did.

Anonymous said...

OMG! So James wasn't the only one that got sick! He puked for about an hour when we got home. We had so much fun. Thanks for the awesome outing! You are a great host and a great friend.

TNS MOM said...

We had a great time. It was nice getting to know everyone. Thanks for the link to your blog.
Jolynne