Thursday, July 10, 2008

Turntable Thursday

To give you guys more of an idea of what music I really like, I have been thinking about some of the music I listen to on a regular basis. I've been trying to think of what makes a band/musician "listenable" for me. To tell you the truth, I am ALL over the spectrum when it comes to music. There is not just one thing that makes a band great to me. You would think with all of my music background (ie. piano lessons, voice lessons, choir up until Junior year of college, having a husband with a HUGE and I mean HUGE music library), I would have some technical term for what makes me listen more closely to the music I hear on the radio. I listen to all different kinds of music depending on my mood. If I am cleaning house, I like stuff that has a great beat, some drums, and some great lyrics so I can sing along. I usually go for the bands that I know all the words to all of their songs, or at least a few albums. If I'm in the car I switch stations frequently, wanting to have a song that I like and that is appropriate for the kids. (I will also change the station if U2* or Coldplay comes on....*shudder*-sorry CB). If I am angry for some odd, odd reason I can listen to heavy metal, and it makes me feel better. I guess for today I will spotlight one of my favorite bands to listen to while I clean. I usually put on my iPod, or hook my iPod up to my stereo and crank these guys up! Hot Hot Heat has lyrics that I can sing, I know when the "non-kid friendly" songs come on so I can skip if need be, and they have a great beat that helps me get through the crap work I have to do on a daily basis. I wish I knew how to get a snippit of a song in this post so you can listen, but check out Pandora to listen to a bit of Hot Hot Heat (Make Up the Break Down, one of my fave albums) *Just to clarify....I change the station when any NEWER U2 comes on. I still love Joshua Tree.

0 Comments: