Thursday, June 26, 2008

Turntable Thursday

I like punk music. Yes, this Utah County born and raised Mom likes punk music. I don't dress all in black (not that there is anything wrong with that Melissa M.) and even though I like skulls, I don't dare wear them (I know...I should live a little and at least buy a pair of sneakers with skulls). So with just one look, you might not know that I like punk music. Now I am not as into punk as my sister (she goes to most of the punk shows here in town...MXPX is her favorite to this day, I think) but I have been listening to the punk station on Sirius more than the others lately. Especially since they play a lot of Clash and Ramones. I like the new bands that are giving out an old school sound. One of the punk bands I have been listening to a lot are the Dropkick Murphys. They are a band from Boston, and they combine punk with Celtic music and are amazing! I would love to see them live in a pub setting. Too bad MacCool's doesn't have a stage!!! Take a listen to them on lastfm....or even on iTunes, let me know what you think...they are upbeat and like I have said before, even if the lyrics aren't happy ones, the background music makes me happy!!!

3 Comments:

Annalyn said...

I've heard of the Dropkick Murphys and heard they were good so I'll use your links to finally check them out. I always love new music!

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Will have a listen. I love punk too! I once went to my man-babies apt. and they were listening to the Ramones! I new I had raised them up right. One of my finer moments being a parent.

melissa9603 said...

No offense taken, but I am now wearing colors thanks to you!
MM