Thursday, June 12, 2008

Turntable Thursday

OK...since today is my day....I am choosing to talk about about band that I LOVE! I have never hated any of their songs, they put on a really, really great live show, I don't feel too old when I listen to them since they are a newish band (not like Weezer). THE KILLERS! I absolutely LOVE The Killers! Ever since I first saw them on SNL singing Somebody Told Me, I have been in LOVE! The drummer (Ronnie Vannucci ) looks eerily similar to Earl Hickey, and the lead singer (Brandon Flowers) has a great voice and just gives it his all when performing. On their most recent album Sawdust, they collaborated with Lou Reed of Velvet Underground fame on Tranquilize as well as covered a Joy Division song, Shadowplay. So give them a listen...if you haven't already and let me know what you think! "They say the Devil's water it ain't so sweet, you don't have to drink right now. But you can dip your feet in, every once in a little while" The Killers-When You Were Young Next week I'll get back to talking about some newer groups I listen to, OR maybe I will let you know about some new bands/groups/singers that Seth has told me I'll like.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANJIEPANTS....


CB