Friday, June 13, 2008

Fight The Frump Friday-Friends

So I recently talked about taking some time for yourself to help you Fight The Frump. Today I'll talk about spending time with friends. I LOVE spending time with my friends...we don't do it sans kids often enough (well, my "often enough" would be once a week, which just isn't plausible). I see most of them at least once a month or so, and two different groups once a week (playgroup friends).



Spending time with friends makes me feel less Frumpy, makes me seem like I have less of a "mommy brain", and all in all makes me feel better about myself. Knowing I have great friends that think I am a strong woman, and hopefully think I am an an intelligent, knowledgeable woman, makes me realize "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me!" One of my favorite places to hang with the girlfriends is MacCool's public house, and I like that place so much, I even hung out with two different sets of friends at MacCool's twice in the same week. (Yeah...those boys at MacCool's were sick of me!)



So pick up the phone, or get on the email and set up a day to hang out with the girls! (Truthfully, even just having a chat on the phone with a friend helps a ton).



Now go check out Fussy for some other great tips from other strong, intelligent, knowledgeable women!





5 Comments:

Texasholly said...

Very good idea. In fact, I am leaving the house in a few minutes to heed your advice!

Darla said...

So true. No wonder I love my child's baseball games so much, they serve as "girlfriend" time as well. LOL!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

Excellent reminder! I always feel better after I've had a night out with friends.

Katie said...

Okay, Stuart Smalley, we'll definitely have to get together when my hubby is in town for GNO!

Karla Porter Archer said...

I did this very thing today.

Blessings,
Karla