Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm a cook with a suggestion.

Does anyone NOT have leftover turkey after Thanksgiving? We usually do, not a lot, but we have enough that doesn't get eaten some years. I know there are tons of recipes out there that give you an idea of what to do with that leftover turkey, but I want to put my 2 cents in. I found a really good recipe for Organic Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. One day I'd like to try it the Organic way, but good thing for me, it has instructions on how to make it non-organic. I used a rotisserie chicken, and the boxes of wild rice, so I don't think my veggies got cooked long enough, and they were a little crunchy. But other than that, it was easy to make and oh so good! I think it would be really good to use turkey instead of the chicken, as a new and different choice for using up the Thanksgiving leftovers!

0 Comments: