Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm a cook that is going to start keeping buttermilk in her fridge at all times.

Quite a few of the great recipes Pioneer Woman has on her website call for buttermilk. Now I know some people consider that a staple in the "pantry" but I never have. (I also know people that like to drink it straight *shudder*, and that is totally a personal preference.) But from now on I'll make sure I keep some in my fridge. Once recipe I will make over and over again (as long as I keep the buttermilk in the fridge) are PW's Homemade Chicken Strips. They were so easy to make, and so yummy! I made them the night before Halloween, and the family ate them up! I should have made more since I craved them for lunch the next day, but they were great with my homemade french fries and BBQ sauce for dipping. (Next time I make them, I want to try PW's Homemade Ranch Dressing though, mmmmm) If you want something quick and easy to serve, try 'em!

1 Comment:

Barbi said...

I made those and they were super yummy. However, my kids would not eat them! So annoying.

You know, if you dont have buttermilk in the fridge (i think it spoils quickly), you can always make it! I dont know the "trick" right now, but i think you add vinegar to the milk.