Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm quick on my feet too...well, with last minute meals that is!

The other night I was planning on making my friend Vicki's delicious baked shrimp recipe for dinner. I had thawed shrimp (1/2 the Costco bag), the Olive Oil spray, the seasonings, even some rice to go on the side. As I went to find the recipe, for cooking times, temps etc. I couldn't find it....it used to be saved in the "recipe" folder I have in my email, and now it is gone. (OK, I must have deleted it by accident...and I feel so lame, because I have asked Vicki for that damn recipe too many time! Sorry V!) Anyway....I decided to use just what I had in the pantry to make dinner, since no one likes overcooked rubbery shrimp. Here is what I did: I boiled some thin spaghetti, and some angel hair pasta noodles (I used up two opened packages) I sauteed the already cooked shrimp in some butter with some lemon pepper seasoning When the shrimp was heated through, I added a jar of Alfredo sauce (Ragu-Roasted Garlic Parmesan) and heated the sauce through. I then drained the cooked pasta and tossed the shrimp and sauce and pasta together....to give it some color, I sliced some green onions and used them as garnish. I served it with crusty french bread and we had a great meal! This was soo yummy! I could have eaten the whole thing, but I refrained. Seth ate a whole bunch, and my only regret with this meal was the lack of a salad on the side. I know, Vicki, I know, it isn't as healthy as your yummy recipe, but I made do with what I had! Try it out next time you feel like having some shrimp (I know you won't try this Katie, but it is a change from the same old chicken Alfredo for those of us that will eat seafood!)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! Takes me back to the time I gave you the list of ingredients that I had on hand, and you came up with a delish recipe for me! You rock AP....