Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday's Wonderful Recipe

Since I have posted a dessert, and a main dish, today's recipe is an appetizer! I think I have brought this to at least one MOMS Club event....if not, I may just start bringing it everytime! The original recipe is from the Knorr Vegetable Soup package, but I added a little extra something, so I now call it my recipe! Spinach Dip 1 pkg. (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well 1 container (16oz) sour cream 1 cup mayonnaise 1 pkg. Knorr Vegetable recipe mix 1 can (8oz) water chestnuts, chopped 3 green onions, chopped 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese Combine all ingredients (except cheese) and chill for two hours. Right before serving mix in Swiss cheese. Serve with veggies or crackers or my favorite, tortilla chips!

4 Comments:

Katie said...

I love spinach dip. And the water chestnuts is a great idea. Was that your "somethinge extra"?

Aly said...

Ooh. Sounds way yummy. I might have to make it just for fun... and just for me (since my kids have boycotted all things green). Love your blog!

Aly said...

BTW, I just discovered Dooce's blog. How funny is she???

Anjie said...

The extra something is the swiss cheese. I have thought about trying it as a hot dip, but just haven't done it yet...if anyone wants to try it...let me know how it works out!