Friday, April 4, 2008

Fight The Frump Friday

Time for another edition of Fight The Frump Friday! I try (try being the key word) to wear clothes that fit my body type. As you all know, I am not a size 6 (nor am I a size 12 for that matter....but whatever). Sometimes I have a hard time fitting into the largest sizes of clothes the Junior's, or even Misses' section has to offer, so I am forced to shop in the Women's section. What I want to know is "Who designs those clothes?" I can guarantee you it isn't someone who actually wear them! I do not want to wear a tent that looks like the fabric came from my Grandma's couch cushions. Also, not ALL "plus sized" women have a big belly. I am pretty proportioned for my size, and don't like wearing some of the shirts from the higher end "plus size" store, since the shirts have extra fabric around the belly area, and they make me look larger than I am in that spot, or even pregnant! (OK...that was my rant!) Anyway....wear clothes that make you feel good about yourself, and that fit your body type. Don't worry about the difference in sizes that you may have to wear to make your outfit look great on you! (I wear one size in tops/shirts and another in pants/bottoms, I blame the DDD girls for that one!) Pick up a shirt you like, and even if it looks "boxy" try it on! You never know what it will look like on, it might just hug you in all the right places. AND I know that some of you don't have the same problem I do, ie. trying to find larger clothing that isn't ugly, but I do know you have some of your own hang ups with clothes....so check this website out if you want some guidance!

3 Comments:

Allison and Ben said...

So my problem with shopping for clothes is pants. I have a very hard time finding pants that fit right and are long enough. Always a very sad challenge. So I try to buy pants that say long but not always does this work, it can make shopping very difficult. I can hardly wait until spring is here and I can really start wearing capris, since then it really does not matter how long they are.

Anonymous said...

I still think that you need to step out and get yourself some crazy awesome shoes. They looked great on you! So what if you have to practice walking around in them. TOTALLY WORTH IT! Pick a day and lets go shopping.

Katie said...

Pants are the hardest for me. I'm considered petite at 5'2" but I have average legs. So petites are too short and regular jeans are too high in my short waist so they look like Mom Jeans. That's just the tip of the iceberg for me in the pants department...I can go on about other things like bras and dresses...ugh.