Friday, April 25, 2008

Fight The Frump Friday....continued

Alright....this week's FTF is about taking care of yourself by keeping your hair maintained. Get it cut every 6 weeks or so to help it keep the shape/style you like. Make sure you go in often enough to keep the color fresh, and keep the roots from showing through.


I couldn't talk about it until today, since I haven't been true to my own advice.


Today, I FINALLY got my hair cut and streaked and styled and it feels great!!!!! I love the cut, love the color and don't feel so frumpy! Even in a ponytail my hair is cute and a bit bouncy.


So here is the before:
Tons of hair!!!
I forgot to have my Mom take one right before it was cut, so all I have is the pile of hair on the salon floor...SORRY!
And here is the after:

Un-Frumpy Anj!
What do you think...shorter, with blond highlights and some darker red....I don't think it is "frumpy" and I don't think it is considered a "Mom" cut. But tell me the truth...I can handle it!

12 Comments:

Anonymous said...

you fought it! Look out Rusty here I come. So can we now tell you blonde jokes. Why did the blonde get fired from the M&M factory?



She kept throwing away the "w's"

Allison and Ben said...

How do you get a redhead's mood to change?



Wait 10 seconds

Allison and Ben said...

A blonde and a redhead met in a bar after work for a drink, and were
watching the 6 O'clock news. A man was shown threatening to jump from the Brooklyn Bridge.

The blonde bet the redhead $50 that he wouldn't jump, and the redhead
replied, "I'll take that bet!" Anyway, sure enough, he jumped, so the blonde
gave the redhead the $50.

The redhead said "I can't take this, you're my friend".

The blonde said "No. A bet's a bet".

So the redhead said "Listen, I have to admit, I saw this on the 5 O'clock
news, so I can't take your money".

"Well, so did I", said the blonde, "but I never thought he'd jump again!"


Brought to you by Crapbag and Libby-Lou

Allison and Ben said...

How do you know when a redhead has been using a computer?
There's a hammer embedded in the monitor

Katie said...

OMG! I love it!!!! I love the highlights and the cut. So super cute! Way to fight the frump, Anj!

Anjie said...

OK, OK....1 more joke and I won't publish any more of them!(whatever...you know I will publish them all!) How much have you two had to drink anyway?

Anjie said...

Thanks Katie! It looks better in person.

Anonymous said...

What happens when you put an active Catholic AND an inactive Catholic in the same room??????


They come up with some pretty great jokes!!!!


You look great Anjiepants.

Anjie said...

Thanks "inactive Catholic". Maybe we should get an "active catholic" and "inactive catholic" and an "ex-mormon" in the same room together and see what we get!

Aly said...

Way cute hair! I just got mine cut and colored too and I feel like a new woman :) Way to fight the frump.

Sun Tea for Sinners said...

Thanks for the comment! Now I have TWO! Me likey! Your site is sooo dang cute! Sometimes I still lock myself in the bathroom just to be alone. And my kids are grown and gone. Dang husbands! Nice to meet you! Kate says good things of you too!
Kim
PS. I like yer hair!

LaVetter said...

WAY less frumpy than llloooonnnng and lifeless!! Always love your highlights!