Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday's Wonderful Recipe

Allison voted for me to have a regular post on Wednesday's. I know every one of you wanted to vote, but either just didn't have the time, OR didn't have the computer capabilities (welcome back Katie!) I had a lot of thoughts as to what my regular Wednesday post should be: "Wordless Wednesday" is a popular one around the blogosphere; I even thought about "Weird Wednesday", to bring you some of the weird news stories around the world, but I have settled on "Wednesday's Wonderful Recipe", and that is mostly because of a comment Allison made recently, about me finding good, fun recipes (or something like that....I don't remember the exact words OK?) So here is the first recipe, and because I cannot take pictures anything like Ree of Pioneer Woman Fame, most of the time there won't be pictures of the food. If you have a problem with it, just don't read my blog on Wednesday then! Pear Cake 1 yellow cake mix 2 cans pears (15oz) in light syrup (reserve juice from 1 can) 2 eggs Grease and flour 9x13 or bundt pan. Dice pears. Add pear juice eggs and cake mix to meduim bowl. Mix for 30 seconds on low, 4 minutes on high. Fold in diced pears. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool, then frost with vanilla or cream cheese frosting (9x13) OR use Vanilla Glaze on bundt cake. Thanks to Leah for the original recipe (I have no idea where she got it) but I modified it a bit to make the pears more noticable! Let me know what you think of the new Wednesday postings! (And if you can come up with a better name for them...let me know, I am open to anything...welll, almost!)