Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm a housewife too

The title should be "I'm a lazy housewife too". Today I vowed to stay home in the AM while the oldest is at school and do laundry and "tidy" the house. (I used quotations because if you saw my house, you would know tidy isn't the right word) So far there is one load of laundry in the washer, one load of dishes in the dishwasher and I have straightened the bathroom. I sat down to rest for a bit (a bit meaning few minutes) and I was sucked into a few blogs, and Facebook (it's addicting) and Twitter. And I decided to write a post. I've been on the computer for more than a "bit". Needless to say the rest of the house isn't becoming very "tidy". What is is about the computer and the need to be in the loop all the time? I check Facebook and Twitter every 10 minutes or so to see what everyone is up to. I check it so often that my job is suffering (in fact my daughter is tugging on my fingers wanting me to fix the moive as I try to tpye). Is it the actual want to make sure all is OK with my friends? (BTW...Katie, hope your headache is gone) Or is it a little bit of snoopiness? Although, if it were snooping, or spying, the updates wouldn't be so out in the open. Oh well...at least I know it isn't just me slacking on housework and some parental duties (I said duties) there are a ton of you out there that spend a lot of time on the computer too! OK...back to doing housework....I only have an hour and a half before Colin gets home....I can do a lot in that time!

2 Comments:

Katie said...

I could've written this post myself!

Anonymous said...

Haha I don't have kids, but I know what you mean! I am too tied to the interwebs ;) It is way too much fun and we all have blogs that are way too fantastic to quit!