Friday, March 28, 2008

Fight The Frump Fridays

So I have decided to start something new.....well new to me that is. During my "blog hopping" journeys, I have stumbled across a blog called Mrs. Fussypants Guide to Life. Every Friday she has a "Fight The Frump" post, that gives advice on how to fight the Mommy Frumpiness, that we all sometimes get. She has even gotten her readers to do the same, and they post their own "Fight the Frump" post on Friday. So I am going to do "Fight the Frump Fridays" and even though I probably won't put a link to my posts on Fussy's blog....still check her out! "FIGHT THE FRUMP" (FTF) I hardly ever leave the house without makeup on. Even if it is just a little bit (foundation, a bit of eyeshadow, and mascara) I always have it on. I may not always look like I have it on (I tend to touch my face too much during the day) and I may not always be wearing the correct shades (I try new things, and they don't always match my "season") but I feel better knowing I have taken the time to do something for myself, and that I might just look like I am NOT A FRUMPY MOM!!! So try this, try to take just a little time in the AM for yourself, and put a bit of makeup on...it works wonders to fight frumpiness! So, you can give me your opinion of this post (You're nuts! Even if you are wearing makeup, you still look frumpy) you can give your own FTF advice (Always wear yellow...no matter how washed out you look wearing it) or you can just check out Fussy and ignore me all together!

3 Comments:

Allison and Ben said...

Are you saying that those of us who hardly ever wear makeup are frumpy? I can hardly believe it. J/K, I'm just not a big fan of makeup, I don't like to have to wash it off at some point in the future. So my suggestion will be to exercise on Friday to start the weekend off right. I ran today and feel absolutly great, I wish I could run everyday. I know I'm crazy.

Anjie said...

Of course I am NOT saying that! I am jut saying try a little, and see how you feel! A tip to having to take the makeup off at some point: baby wipes! If they are gentle enough for your chid's butt and the mircofiber couch, they are gentle enough for your face! AND you are crazy...BUT if running works for you...the more power to ya!

Katie said...

I believe that running is for when your life is in peril and never for fun.

In regards to "frumpiness" I always, always, ALWAYS shower and put on make-up, even if I have no intention of leaving the house. I usually get fully-dressed, too, but somedays I end up in sweats or lounge pants. It always makes me feel better when I'm dressed and ready. I don't even like to clean my house unless I've "beautified" for the day. Now THAT'S crazy!

I am trying to break out of my rut of jeans and t-shirt, but that's hard when I don't really have a reason to dress nicer. I know, that's just an excuse...