Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm a woman disappointed in her "getting healthy" goals

I know I shouldn't be.....I've lost almost 25 pounds since the end of September and I've worked out in some capacity 5 days a week almost every week since I've started. But it really sucks that I've been working SO hard, using will power that I never thought I had, dropping 1 size in pants and almost 2 sizes in shirts and my body looks the same in pictures. I can only assume I look the same in real life. 

I can tell a difference, my husband SAYS he can tell a difference but I'm pretty sure no one else can. I know it shouldn't matter if anyone else can tell or knows how much I've lost (that is part of the reason I didn't tell anyone I've made these life changes) but it still makes me wonder if it is worth it. Should I keep going if I don't look as good as I feel when the camera flashes? 

OK- pity party over. Go back to whatever it was you were doing.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Are you kidding? You look incredible! It's obvious to the rest of the world, at least in real life. Have you tried a side by side view of yourself? You know, before and after pictures. Might work.

Allison and Ben said...

You should keep going! You are doing great! Feeling good about yourself and you noticing the changes do matter. If you feel you have reached a flat point, change it up again. Call me we'll talk.