Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm a woman STILL trying to be healthy.

I AM. Even though I don't workout as much as I used to (or as much as I'd like to), I'm still trying to make better choices in my every day goings on. And I am going to reiterate that I am trying to be HEALTHY, I'm not trying to get rid of those curves I so proudly bragged about in my last post. (Yeah, yeah, I know. It has been about a month since I last posted, so sue me. Again)

Anyway....winter is a hard time to stick with healthy foods. In the summer it was so easy to grill a chicken breast, or a lean steak, pair it with a salad and call it dinner. In the winter, not so much. I want soups, and roasts and comfort food. Winter food is just designed to pack on the pounds. And it isn't so healthy.

Any suggestions for yummy comfort/winter food that is healthier than other foods? I'm at a loss, and really want to switch it up!

2 Comments:

Allison and Ben said...

Hmm, I'll have to think about that. Sometime crock pot meals can be healthy, depending on what and how your make them.

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm hoping to try some healthy soups in the new year that are filling and low cal. But it really is easy to pack on the pounds in the winter.